The European Master for High Performance Computing (EUMaster4HPC) aims to develop a new and innovative European Master programme focusing on high performance solutions. EUMaster4HPC brings together major players in HPC education in Europe and mobilises them to unify existing programs into a common European curriculum.
EUMaster4HPC summer school
The Summer School is organised between the second and third semesters of the master program, and will be a major milestone of the training. The Summer School is an important opportunity for networking and establishing contacts among EUMaster4HPC students from different awarding universities, other selected students from related Master programmes of the partner universities, professors and stakeholders from supercomputing centres and companies.
Date: From 16 July (evening) to 28 July (late afternoon) 2023
Venue: Grenoble Alpes University
Topic: HPC for environmental aspects – Alpine Summer School
Organised by: The French node
The students will be housed on campus, Résidence Berlioz, 10 minutes walking distance from the main event. The accommodation is also located 10 minutes away from downtown by public transportation. (https://www.crous-grenoble.fr/logement/residence-berlioz/). Students may rent bikes to move around the Grenoble area.
Catering for breakfast and lunch will be ensured by CROUS catering services. Services are located between the housing and the buildings of the summer school events. Evening catering will not be assured by the organisation. There are many places in Grenoble for dining.
Location of the activity
The summer school will take place in Grenoble Alpes University, 621 Av. Centrale, 38400 Saint-Martin-d’Hères. The activities will take place in UFR IM2AG building and Ensimag building, the local academic partners of EUMaster4HPC
All the information concerning the transportation to come the main campus are available on the UGA website.
Grenoble is located 3h by train from Paris, 2h from Geneva airport by bus and 1h from Lyon airport by bus. Student accommodation and the summer schools venue are located 20 minutes away from the main train station by public transportation (Tram).
Similar to the Summer School, each student will have to participate in at least three workshops (middle of semesters 1, 2, and 3). Before the workshop a challenge or student competition (e.g. hackathon on the model of the hackathons proposed by technology providers for laboratories developing codes) will be organised. These challenge projects will be proposed by and organized by supercomputing centres.
These events aim to:
- create a dynamic environment to enhance group cohesion;
- give students the keys to dive into their speciality topic for the third semester;
- allow students to get connected with companies and supercomputing centres;
- allow companies to exchange with students and create links for internships and/or future recruitments.
- Date: 30 November
- Topic: HPC Careers (morning) & Parallel programming (afternoon)
- Organised by Barcelona Supercomputing Center & Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- To attend the workshop: (Hybrid Session) To obtain the link, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: 9 December & 16 December
- Topic: Fundamentals of Accelerated Computing with CUDA C/C++
Module 1 — Accelerating Applications with CUDA C/C++
Module 2 — Managing Accelerated Application Memory with CUDA C/C++
Module 3 — Asynchronous Streaming and Visual Profiling for Accelerated Applications with CUDA C/C++
- Organised by Friedrich-Alexander-UniversitätErlangen-Nürnberg
- To attend the workshop: This workshop is offered online: https://indico.scc.kit.edu/event/3262/
- Contact : email@example.com
- Date: 12 December 2022 from 9:30 am
- Topic: HPC Careers
With speakers from DDN Storage, ATOS, French Ministry of the Armed Forces, DOIT-NOW and URCA
Including a visit of the ROMEO Regional Computing Centre
- Organised by University of Reims Champagne-Ardenne (URCA)
Campus Moulin de la Housse, rue des Crayères at Reims.
- To attend the workshop: EUMaster4HPC students are welcome to participate in the workshop in Reims. After the workshop, a link will be available to the presentations that have been recorded. To obtain this link, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org