Program duration: full-time – 24 months
Program start: September 2022
Entry requirements: Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or closely related fields
EUMaster4HPC trains students, in an online and on-site format, on cutting-edge knowledge in HPC and HPC-related technologies taught by the best European specialists in HPC education.
EUMaster4HPC provides students with:
- a quality-controlled and innovative educational master programme for HPC and industrial applications in HPC of pan-European reach
- expected and needed expertise that will enhance and develop student’s technical and transversal skills to successfully become a leader in the HPC field
- a broader range of valuable competencies sought by employers at the European and international level
- a sustainable network of different stakeholder involving universities, research centres, supercomputing centres (SCCs), private organisations, industry experts, centres of excellences (CoEs) and HPC-related entities
- a mobility scheme to encourage cross-fertilisation, studying across several European Countries at renown universities
- joint and/or dual degrees from the eight awarding universities: FAU, KTH, POLIMI, SU, UPC, UniSofia, Uni.lu, USI
- several events including workshops and summer schools
- opportunity to do an internship at one of the industrial partners of the EUMaster4HPC consortium
- Bachelor’s degree (CE/INF preferred). Or equivalent qualification in computer science, a relevant scientific or technical field, or mathematics.
- Knowledge of programming or more than 2 university courses in computer science from data structures, algorithms, programming or theoretical or technical computer science.
- Personal interview – Personal selection meeting (Online).
- Comprehensive training in technical mathematics: algebra, linear algebra and probability and statistics, functional analysis, numerics, optimization, simulation / scientific computing. Please list all appropriate courses in your application. (min. 4 lectures / courses).
- Interest in solving engineering and scientific problems using computers and high performance computing.
- Proficiency in English. Competency at a level that will enable you to succeed in your studies, regardless of your nationality or country of residence.
- Willingness to relocate for the second year of the master to another awarding university. EUMaster4HPC programme is designed to promote mobility of students for the specialization part of the programme.
Courses taught / modules
Courses offered for the 1st cohort of students starting this September will be from the chosen host university Master programme. More details coming soon!
In order to achieve an inclusive and equal programme, the EUMaster4HPC awarding universities will waive University fees for the eligible students*.
Scholarships and funding
Eligible students* will be awarded a “Mobility Scholarship” to support expenses inherent to the programme (travel and accommodation).
Non-EU/Non-EuroHPC member country may be eligible for other scholarships, grants and financial aid. However students have to apply independently.
Deadline: 15 May 2022
*Students coming from EuroHPC Member and participant states and who comply with the programme requisites.